Happy Summer everyone! As I travel the state, I have heard from many members that their market has picked up and business is much more abundant than a year ago. With the changes in business, it now becomes more important to work together as a team to make sure all the network needs are met. Your nominating committee should be hard at work finding the best people to put on the nominating slate and your elections should be completed in a very short amount of time. Many of the President Elects just returned from Leadership Academy held in Chicago on Aug 3rd-5th. It was a terrific weekend and extremely informative, and the PEs are returning with lots of information to move the networks forward in 2013. We have now completed all 4 State Forums and I would like to congratulate all of you for the opportunities you created for the attendees to “Redefine their Success”. Each of the Forums was successful in presenting “now” programming while focusing on the education and networking that is so important to the Forums.
Our Fall meeting will take place in Anaheim on Sunday, Sept 30th & Monday, Oct 1st. We have terrific programs scheduled for you. Our State election will take place on Sunday afternoon, and our 2013 State Orientation will take place on Monday afternoon, which will be facilitated by Past National President, Ann DeFries.
I look forward to seeing you all at the end of September! Safe Travels!
— President Jamie
On July 17th, District 4 pulled off a very successful Forum at the Mission Viejo Country Club in Southern California. The 10 networks of Long Beach, South Bay, Coastal West Orange County, South Orange County, East Valley, Inland Valley, Southwest Riverside, Palm Spring/Desert Cities, North San Diego and San Diego came together in a day of knowledge and networking. First off they started the day with a Governmental Affairs Director (GAD) Panel, featuring some of the local association GADs, who shared their insight into the politics of their jobs. Next, during a lovely luncheon, the legendary Duane Gomer of Duane Gomer Seminars shared some important pointers amid humorous anecdotes from his life in real estate. Last, the Rabbi Andra B. Greenwald spoke of the importance of words and the power they have to make or break relationships. All this was done while allowing for some fabulous networking among WCR members from the desert to the sea. That’s what Women’s Council of REALTORS is all about!
We will be launching a new section of the blog highlighting tech tools that will help your business! The first list of tech tools are iPad apps that will revolutionize your business! These can all be found on the iTunes app store, and many are free!
- Pages – Similar to Microsoft Word with templates provided and compatible with Word.
- Intaglio Sketchpad – Vector drawing application perfect for floor plans, etc. Can be saved as images so can be imported to other applications.
- Evernote – Capture notes from anywhere and can use keywords or tags. Enter or save parts of webpages. Can sync with desktop.
- Keynote – Like PowerPoint.
- Sketches 2 – take a photo and draw on it to add information. Add and comments arrows to point out certain features.
- Penultimate – Virtual notebook using your finger or stylus to write on screen.
- iWork Apps – Create Word docs, presentations and spreadsheets that are compatible with Mac machines.
- Keynote – PowerPoint for iPad. Can include live links.
- PDF Expert – Make and save handwritten notes on PDF files. Perfect for clients to take notes when looking at properties.
- LifeForms – Fill in blanks on PDF forms.
- Docusign – Send, track and send documents to clients to electronically sign.
- Real Estate Dashboard – electronically sign documents and/or sign documents on the screen with finger or stylus, and save in vault to sync with desktop.
- PadFolio – Manage and display photos or PDFs.
- Dropbox – Share and back up files. Retrieve files from your desktop and other devices.
- Documents To Go – Use with Dropbox. View and edit files saved in Dropbox.
- Good Reader – Read any PDF files saved in Dropbox. Highlight areas that need to be signed and email to clients.
- PREZI – Create presentations on prezi.com and display on iPad. Can zoom in and out by pinching.
- Contact Capture – Capture contact info from email signatures, text messages, webpages and documents. Elimintates need to cut and paste.
- Sketchpad – Full featured drawing application – great for creating blue prints, edit shaped and text blocks.
- SignMyPad – Sign PDF docments on the screen.
All the information on how to nominate a member for the state member of the year can be found here!
Mark your calendars for these great events! More information will follow as we get it.
April 18th, 11 am – 3 pm
Rancho Solano Golf Course, 3250 Rancho Solano Pkwy., Fairfield, CA
Aug 15th, 11:30 am – 2 pm
Castlewood Country Club, 707 Country Club Ln., Pleasanton, CA
June 20th, 10 am to 2 pm
Porter Valley Country Club, 19216 Singing Hills Drive, Northridge, Los Angeles, CA 91326
July 17th, 10:30 am to 2:30 pm
Mission Viejo Country Club, 26200 Country Club Dr., Mission Viejo, CA 92691