Criteria for Candidates
When considering candidates for President-Elect, Governors, First Vice President, Treasurer, and District Vice Presidents, the Nominating Committee takes into account:
- Guidelines for the office as per our State Standing Rules January 2019.
- The following leadership qualities as follows:
- Candidate understands and is aligned with Women’s Council of REALTORS® Mission, Values and Purpose.
- Candidate is an effective spokesperson, having the leadership ability to articulate a vision for success for Women’s Council and advocate Women’s Council Mission Vision, Purpose and Objectives.
- Candidate has the stature and character to lead and influence others.
- Candidate has demonstrated leadership experience and ability in a team setting.
- Candidate possesses critical thinking skills.
- Candidate is open to new ideas and concepts, even when taking a new direction may involve risk-taking.
- Candidate is persistent in supporting board-approved Women’s Council policies, even if they are unpopular to some.
- Candidate possesses presentation skills and presence to serve as the State’s spokesperson and leader.
- Candidate possesses a deep knowledge of Women’s Council and while representing the State, is able to counsel members and local officers regarding objectives, policies, and priorities regardless of network size or geographic location.
- Candidate is able to set up alternative management of her/his business to allow the candidate to commit herself/himself to the amount of time, attention and energy required by the office.
Map for Districts:
2019 Quick Start Guide Governor (1)
2019 Quick Start Guide District Vice President (1) (1)